Thursday 26 April 2012

What you SHOULD have your garden look like in the spring

What I love about the neighbour garden?
1. Things are growing,
2. It is not haunted by last years veggies
3. Did I meantion things are growing?


Shot #1
Ok, if you compliment our neighbour about the garden, he will say, its just weeds. I do not think so, theres more then weeds. My picture does not do it justice. 

Here another one, different angle.
 

Shot #2

I was able to ask our neighbour what is growing that is not a weed. From the far right side of his garden he has a cluster of onions. and farther to the left he has garlic. He informed me those grow every year. No planting required. The special garlic (his words) produce flowers then seeds. in the fall he covers it with leaves and waits for spring for them to grow. The onion bulbs mulitple and die and grow again. You can have green onions all year. No covering required. You do have to cut the green tops when they get too high. Cut them so the green is one inch about soil. 


After our gardening chat he did comment that I needed help. And he gave me two batches of onion and one batch of garlic. Soil and all. Cant wait to clear out the garden and plant them.

Left to Right
Garlic and Onions





No comments:

Post a Comment